Possible One Day Comp on the Cards

Topic: Possible One Day Comp on the Cards Read 2495 times

Possible One Day Comp on the Cards
on: October 17, 2012, 09:23:29 PM
Alright guys,

Now that the SQDM is in its registration stage I am begining too look into CS:GO. With the possibillity of running a popular One Day Comp. This will take a lot of planning and perfet execution however with my skills in the past of running SOF2 ladders for over 4-5 years and being a Left 4 Dead admin for CG I think I should be alright running this.

I am looking at the following concept.

Teams : 16 Clans
Format : Single Elimination 5v5
Prize Pool : 12 Slot CS:GO Server for 3 Months

The Comp will be run off the AWGN Website with out software made by Greg. I am in the process ive trying to source up a major sponsor for the event (server provider wise) to help out with the required servers for the event. Also I will look into trying to get some form of shout casting if the event goes ahead.

I am taking feedback on possible maps, weapons to be banned (if any) ect. If you have any suggestions here is the place and the time to do so.

Re: Possible One Day Comp on the Cards
Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 07:32:46 PM
Sounds awesome man. I might just participate. That's if i plan on buying the game. xD

Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 08:16:50 PM
$15.00 on Steam.

Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 07:44:13 AM
Im always up for a cs comp :) if you get this up and going advertise on Gtesports/Cybergamer and you'll get a good few teams out pf that :)

Reply #4 on: November 08, 2012, 05:43:16 PM
Im always up for a cs comp :) if you get this up and going advertise on Gtesports/Cybergamer and you'll get a good few teams out pf that :)

Yeah I will do. Its all in the works atm. Expect some write ups on the forums in about a week :)

Recent Topics

Its Official: AWGN no longer hosting BF4 servers.: The TDP is identical between the 1070 Max-Q and 2060 Notebook 80-90W. I guess this stands to reason, though I would have hoped f...
AWGN Premium Now Available: Will any of the gunfighters internal upgrades be able to be offered as an upgrade package for us poor plebs that bought the firs...
BF4 January 30th Patch. Mantle now supported!: Post whatever game you're currently playing. Maybe it will spawn some curiosity from other users who find it interesting.Current...
Next in the battlefield franchise. Battlefield Hardline Trailer Leaked: Sorry not a fan of MMORPGs. I've played a little ESO and I tried out SWTOR. ESO is a little more my speed because I just just tr...

Recent Poll

You cannot see the results of this poll at the moment.

Who's Online

Online Now: 1
(Members: 0, Guests: 1)

There aren't any users online.