Battlefield 4 Mantle Patch Arriving This Month. Up to 45% Faster than Direct X

Topic: Battlefield 4 Mantle Patch Arriving This Month. Up to 45% Faster than Direct X Read 2420 times

For the select few who own the current and previous generation of AMD graphics cards, then this is something to really look forward too. DICE have announce at CES 2014 that a patch for Battlefield 4 will be arriving this month to open up support for the new Mantle API by AMD. For all those who are wondering, what is Mantle? Well quickly, it's a low level API that runs much more effeciently by using less draw calls to the CPU while processing.

In the video below, while it isn't a direct comparision between the Direct X 11 API and Mantle, They demonstrate Battlefield 4 running on the Mantle for the very first time. AMD claim that Battlefield 4 runs up to a quite substantial 45% over Direct X. If AMD's numbers are correct, people running older generation of CPU's will benefit off this extra performance boost from the more CPU taxing Direct X 11 API.

Check the video out below, Battlefield 4 running, using the Mantle API for the very first time, at CES 2014.
[youtube=700,400]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZTLYB5SOlI4[/youtube]
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 10:35:04 PM by little_lerroyy »

Hell yeah! I'll have to upgrade to windows 8 though. :-(

Why?

Mantle will be available on Windows 7, love.

With a performance boost like that in select games and the cost of AMD cards, they are looking like a really good choice for anyone buying a card. But my 780ti will keep me going for a while ;)

With a performance boost like that in select games and the cost of AMD cards, they are looking like a really good choice for anyone buying a card. But my 780ti will keep me going for a while ;)

I would think so. I just really hope g-sync will be on AMD aswell

There was a thing I heard about called Free-sync, pretty sure it is different to G-sync but not sure how and it was AMD supported.

Yeah I heard about it from CES 2014 coverage.

Didnt really get much explaining in the video but it looked ok.
Dunno if the screen needs to have hardware to enable it or if it is just software only.

Apparently open sync is only for laptops and is advertised as a power saving feature.

Recent Topics

SOF2 Reunion Night - 2017: Would also be interested, not sure if any of you remember me from the good old days. -Hamsters
Why have all the good gaming communities died???: yeah its very disappointing. Nothing is like how it use to be with the older style games. Now its just about pumping out title a...
MOVED: SOF2 Reunion Night - 2017: This topic has been moved to Announcements. http://www.awgn.net/index.php?topic=521682.0
Hello: Quote from: willieruffin on December 16, 2016, 06:57:18 PMHello Everyone. G'day mate, nice to see a new face around here!

Recent Poll

You cannot see the results of this poll at the moment.

Who's Online

Online Now: 1
(Members: 0, Guests: 1)

There aren't any users online.