June 3rd Battlefield 4 Patch. The patch to address netcode issues.

Topic: June 3rd Battlefield 4 Patch. The patch to address netcode issues. Read 3058 times

With the reality of the Community Test Environment, which allows players to test and discuss updates to the game, before it ships to the retail version of the game. DICE have been working on and have announced that they have released a new patch for BF4 regarding netcode issues. One of the standout features that have been announced is the High Frequency Network update selection in your gameplay settings. This controls how quickly your game client is updated in both directions, giving less leway to hit registration issues. From what we gathered from CTE, the game has been updated to support a maximum tickrate of "30Hz" 30 times per second, previously this was only set to "10hz" a mere 10 times per second, The new High frequency update setting directly controls this.

By default the High Frequency update is set to LOW. To take advantage of the new tickrate benefits, you must either set this to MEDIUM or HIGH too see an improvement, this is recommended to people who have better internet connections (at least 1MBit upload and download). However people with lower bandwidth connections, should reduce the setting to achieve a more stable network environment.

Here is there patch notes DICE have released today.
• Improved/reduced explosion induced camera shake
• Character collision improvements
• Fix to reduce object damage mismatch between client/server.
• Fix explosion packs not being able to be shot sometimes
• Improvements for client side packet loss
• Client crash fixes
• AMD Mantle multi-GPU improvements
• Carrier Assault game mode reports bug fix
• High Frequency Network update
- Added High frequency “bubble” updating player movement, stance, rotation, damage and projectiles at a separate rate on foot and in vehicles
- Added option to control client side update rate setting

DICE have released a small video showing the improvement in network responsiveness with the new game client patch.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MooojiuDRgw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MooojiuDRgw</a>
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 08:02:00 PM by [ADMIN]Gregws »

Only took what....8-9 months?

Finally - may now be able to enjoy the game :S

The hit reg does seem to be slightly better, i wouldnt say its a massive difference but its a step in the right direction. My biggest issue is my FPS, if i fixed that id probably experience the improvements a little better.

ABout fucken time really. Jesus.. So much complaining was done about this right from the get-go and there was "nothing that could be done about it"
How's it effecting the servers leroy?

Well, we are getting quite bad rubberbanding issues, mainly when the server is full on certain maps, like Naval Strike. I've spoken to hypernia and they have given us a full server re-install last night. I am yet to see if it makes any difference. They said however the 'resources' aren't being taxed to cause the issue. Whether or not that's true is a different story.

Recent Topics

SOF2 Reunion Night - 2017: Would also be interested, not sure if any of you remember me from the good old days. -Hamsters
Why have all the good gaming communities died???: yeah its very disappointing. Nothing is like how it use to be with the older style games. Now its just about pumping out title a...
MOVED: SOF2 Reunion Night - 2017: This topic has been moved to Announcements. http://www.awgn.net/index.php?topic=521682.0
Hello: Quote from: willieruffin on December 16, 2016, 06:57:18 PMHello Everyone. G'day mate, nice to see a new face around here!

Recent Poll

You cannot see the results of this poll at the moment.

Who's Online

Online Now: 1
(Members: 0, Guests: 1)

There aren't any users online.